Our homeless services are tailored to the individual to help them begin a new life… rather than return to the old one.
- Fully address the needs faced by the homeless person
- Assist them with the immediate need for shelter, clothing, and food
- Present ways to grow their spiritual life
- Introduce tools that will improve their Life Skills and lead them to become a productive member of our community
- Assess their employment status and whether they qualify for the Employment Readiness training
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Police Departments, other social service agencies, and supporting churches regularly refer needy people to the Rescue Mission with full assurance that a caring and professional staff will address their needs.
- Three nutritious meals each day
- Clothing for all guests in need
- Daily showers, personal-hygiene products, and a safe, clean environment
- Guest referrals to agencies that can assist with other needs
- Guidance and counsel from trained City Rescue Mission personnel
- Access to our facility 24/7
- Life Skill classes with instructions in areas of money management, nutrition and hygiene
- Bible-based churches of their denominational choice are introduced
- Food baskets are distributed on site twice a month to low-income families from the Saginaw area